We believe the social security system should be a tool to enable people to live stable, dignified lives
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to call London their home, whatever their background, income or disabilities.
But with rising living costs, lack of affordable housing and cuts to the social security safety net, more and more people are being pushed into poverty and prevented from meeting their aspirations.
We are an independent charity working to create a London free from poverty, with a social security system that enables everyone in our society to live a stable, dignified life and successfully contribute to our city’s diversity and success.
We do this by:
- Providing free legal representation – to ensure everyone gets the housing and support they are entitled to
- Arranging secure tenancies for single homeless people – so they can live in a safe, stable home
- Empowering individuals through support and training – so they can improve all aspects of their wellbeing
- Highlighting where and how the system needs to change – so our clients’ experiences inform local and national government
- Challenging decisionmakers to improve their policies – so our evidence leads to direct impact for the people who need it most
Our clients, their needs, voices and stories, are at the heart of everything we do. Their experiences inform and inspire all our campaigns, and we actively support them to work with us and speak out for themselves.
The fact that we receive no government funding means we fight for our clients without compromise, and challenge decisionmakers at all levels to create a London that works for everyone.