Problems with local authority/temporary accommodation

If your local council is not helping you, or they have placed you in unsuitable temporary accommodation, we may be able to challenge them. We may be able to help you if any of the following apply to you:

  • Your local council has refused to consider whether they have a homeless duty towards you
  • You and your family have been placed in a B&B for over 6 weeks
  • You have been placed in temporary accommodation which is in a state of disrepair

If you would like support on any of these issues, please email Daniel at [email protected] or call 02072590801.

Finding private rented accommodation

We may be able to help you secure accommodation in the private rented sector (PRS) if all of the following apply to you:

  • You are a single adult
  • You have a connection to Westminster
  • And you are not entitled to statutory support

Through our Next Door project, we support people who meet the above criteria to find accommodation and secure a tenancy. We have a group of landlords who are willing to house people in this situation and our advisors can help you with the process of getting housed. We can also:

  • Advise you on various options
  • Help you find accommodation
  • Provide a guarantee for the deposit
  • Help you access grants from the local authority including for rent in advance
  • Help find furniture if you are moving into private rented sector accommodation
  • Liaise between you and your landlord
  • Help prepare you for living in your new accommodation

If you would like help from this service, please email Jamie at [email protected] or Eimear at [email protected], or call 02072590801.

Click here for more information on this service.

To refer someone to this service, please download and complete our referral form.