Why Z2K’s staff and trustees are walking the London #LegalWalk and why you should donate to our fundraising page
The London Legal Walk is organised by the London Legal Support Trust and it will take place again this year on 17 June. All our staff and trustees will be walking the 10K to raise vital funds for our small charity.
Z2K (Zacchaeus 2000 Trust) will be taking part in the London Legal Support Trust’s #LegalWalk again this year. The 10K around London will begin at 4pm on Monday 17th June 2019. All of our staff and trustees will be participating to raise vital funds for Z2K.
We will not be the only organisation taking part. Corporate law firms and chambers, Law Centres and access to justice charities from across London and the South East will be taking part – so far 850 teams! All funds raised support free legal advice charities in London and the South East.
Not only will Z2K receive all the funds we raise on our fundraising page, but we will also receive a donation from the London Legal Support Trust towards our fight for justice for those most at risk of poverty. We believe everyone in our society deserves to live a stable, dignified life, and that the social security system should enable them to do so. But with rising living costs, falling wages and increasing cuts to the social security safety net, more and more people are being pushed into poverty. As government support is reduced, it’s all too easy for people to be overwhelmed by low income, debt and homelessness.
We work to change that.
We provide advice and legal representation so low-income and disabled people can get the welfare benefits they need. We find sustainable tenancies for single homeless people. We challenge decision makers to improve the system, so no one will be dragged into poverty in the first place.
But, we are a small charity and we need your support. We are 100% reliant on fundraising and we couldn’t do what we do without people’s support and generosity. We would really appreciate your support, and if you would like to donate to our fundraising, whatever amount big or small, please visit:
Want to know where your donation could go? Simple:
- £5 could answer the phone to someone that needs help around their benefits or housing situation
- £10 could help train a volunteer to assist clients with form filling
- £20 could assist clients who are homeless or insecurely housed to access accommodation in the private rented sector
- £50 could provide training for our clients around financial management
- £180 could fund a client who has been refused benefits with representatives to appeal the decision
- £250 could fund a workshop for our clients around topics such as their well-being, cooking etc.
- £1,130 could fund one of our caseworkers for two weeks
If you would like to discuss the London Legal Walk or donating to Z2K, please contact our Fundraising Manager